If you enjoyed our UNSTUFFED CABBAGE recipe (http://completelynourishedcommunity.com/photo/unstuffed-cabbage-2), this dish has a similar flavor!
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 large cloves fresh garlic, minced (optional)
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cups frozen green beans
6-oz. can tomato paste
8 ounces of water
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet (preferably one with a lid), brown beef with onions and pepper until veggies are tender.
2. Add fresh garlic and sauté 1 minute.
3. Add potatoes and sauté until tender. Stir occasionally, but cover with a lid between stirrings so they'll soften faster.
4. Stir in green beans and continue cooking until heated through, covering between stirrings.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato paste, water, lemon/vinegar and dry seasonings. Then add to the skillet.
6. Simmer for a few minutes. Enjoy!